The Petarian Mag - Pearls of Wisdom
Let's make a solemn promise to our Allah and our Prophet (peace be upon him) for following these pearls of wisdom :
- We shall abstain from Shirk (association of any partner with God) right up to the day of our death.
- That we shall keep away from falsehood, fornication, adultery, trespasses of the eye, debauchery, dissipation, cruelty, dishonesty,
mischief and rebellion; and will not permit ourself to be carried away by passions, however strong they might be.
- That we shall regularly offer the five daily prayers in accordance with the commandments of God and the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); and shall try our best to be regular in offering the Tahajud (pre-dawn supererogatory prayers) and invoking
Darood (blessings) on the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); that we shall make it our daily routine to ask forgiveness for our sins, to remember the bounties of God and to praise and glorify Him.
- That under the impulse of any passions, we shall cause no harm whatsoever to the creatures of Allah in general, and Muslims in particular, neither by our tongue nor by
our hands nor by any other means.
- That we shall remain faithful to God in all circumstances of life, in sorrow and happiness, adversity and prosperity, in felicity and trial; and shall in all conditions remain resigned to the decree of Allah and keep ourself ready to face all kinds of indignities and sufferings in His way and shall never turn away from it at the onslaught of any
misfortune; on the contrary, we shall march forward.
- That we shall refrain from following un-Islamic customs and lustful inclinations, and shall completely submit ourself to the authority of the Holy Quran; and shall make the Word of God and the Sayings of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) the guiding principle in every walk of our life.
- That we
shall entirely give up pride and vanity and shall pass all our life in humbleness, cheerfulness, forbearance and meekness.
- That we shall hold faith, the honour of faith, and the cause of Islam dearer to us than our life, wealth, honour, children and all other dear ones.
- That we shall keep ourself occupied in the service of God's creatures for His sake only; and shall
endeavour to benefit mankind to the best of our God-given abilities and powers.
____ N Zee